Creamy Beet Hummus with Yogurt
This Creamy Beet Hummus with Yogurt will soon be your favorite way to eat your beets! Roasted beets, tahini and yogurt are blended together to make a creamy and healthy dip with a bright pink color that can’t be beet!
|3 medium sized||beets (washed and trimmed, about 3/4 pounds)|
|1 cup||plain yogurt (I used greek nonfat yogurt)|
|4 tablespoons||fresh lemon juice|
|1 teaspoon||kosher salt (plus more to taste)|
|to taste||black pepper (fresh ground)|
|add||olive oil (for drizzling)|
|add||parsley (for garnish, optional)|
|add||edible flowers (for garnish, optional)|
- Preheat oven to 375
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil (foil should form a pouch around beets and they should be completely covered)
- Place foil wrapped beets on a baking sheet and roast for 60-75 minutes, or until tender. Allow beets to cool.
- When the beets have cooled, use a paper towel (or your fingers) to remove the skin. You might want to wear an apron, that beet juice will stain everything!
- Cut the beets into wedges and add to a food processor with the garlic, tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and black & cayenne pepper. Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish with parsley and edible flowers (optional)