Aspen/Snowmass Slope Safety Program
Your safety is Aspen/Snowmass’ number one priority. That’s right, number one. It’s more important than the bottomless powder days, award-winning terrain parks, and beautifully manicured groomers. Why? Because none of that matters if you don’t feel comfortable on our slopes. When safety is ignored, everyone is negatively impacted and it is our goal to have each day here at Aspen/Snowmass be a positive, if not extraordinary, experience.
Skiing and snowboarding can be enjoyed in many ways. At ski areas you may see people using alpine, snowboard, telemark, cross country and other specialized ski equipment, such as that used by disabled or other skiers. Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Observe the code listed below and share with other skiers the responsibility for a great skiing experience.
KNOW THE CODE, be safe and have fun in Aspen/Snowmass!
- On-Mountain Safety
- Be Prepared, Get Acclimated
- Kids Safety
- Terrain Park/Smart Style
- Uphill Policy- Snowmass
- Uphill Policy- Aspen Mountain
- Uphill Policy- Aspen Highlands
- Uphill Policy- Buttermilk
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY CODE
- Always stay in control
- People ahead of you have the right of way
- Stop in a safe place for you and others
- Whenever starting downhill or merging, look uphill and yield
- Use devices to help prevent runaway equipment
- Observe signs and warnings, and keep off closed trails
- Know how to use the lifts safely
This is a partial list.
Officially endorsed by: NATIONAL SKI AREAS ASSOCIATION.